North Range Eye Care provides comprehensive eye care services outside the VA Hospital in conjunction with TriWest Alliance. The eye exam is covered by the VA with no copay and includes a full eye health examination and a new glasses prescription. If glasses are needed, they will be available directly from the VA, where you may use your VA glasses benefits
Veterans will need to call the VA directly to request an appointment with us. The VA will then call and give us the authorization request and set up the appointment directly.
When calling the VA, please specifically request North Range Eye Care for your visit, or they may send you somewhere else.
Questions & Answers About Veteran Eye Care
- Who do I call to make the appointment?
- You will call the VA directly at 303-399-8020. Make sure to request an eye exam with North Range Eye Care specifically. You can call us, and we will give you this same number and the same instructions
- How long after I call the VA will I be seen?
- The VA’s authorization request timeframe may vary. They usually like to schedule at least 2 weeks in advance in order to send you a confirmation letter in the mail. We have availability sooner, and if urgency is required, the VA can usually make it happen quicker
- What will it cost me for my glasses?
- The VA glasses program allows each Veteran to receive a complete pair of glasses at no cost. The VA has provided our clinic with a selection of frames from which to choose. Any lens designs and features are included at no additional cost to our Veterans. The VA will fabricate the glasses at their lab of choice and mail them directly to your home.
- Additional Resources
To Schedule An Eye Exam For A Veteran, Please Call The VA: 303-399-8020